2 Ameraucana pullets-Blue & Wheaten

MrsBachbach

Songster
6 Years
Mar 6, 2013
Arkansas
2 Ameraucana pullets need a home in NW AR area. I can meet someone in Fayetteville area for pickup.

I breed these birds but these two have beak issues so I can't keep them in the flock. I hate to cull females with issues since they can still be useful for eggs. The worse one has learned to feed herself with no help from me. I've checked her crop at night when she roosts and she has food in it so she is eating. She eats large crumble well, and may be able to handle small (like feather fixer) pellets, but I don't use pellets regularly so I don't know. As long as the feeder rim is full and the feeder has some of those plastic fins removed, I don't think she will have problems. Her favorite feeder is the little one pound chick feeders, but she will outgrow that one day. She has kept up with the rest of them since this appeared at two weeks old. The other pullet only has an off center beak. They are both 16 wks old and would be perfect together in a little backyard tractor or pen or chicken yard. They would likely adjust well with birds their age or smaller. I hatched these birds from very blue eggs so I expect them to produce nice blue eggs. Unfortunately, they should not be used for further breeding. They could start laying in as little as six to eight weeks. I'm attaching pictures and will attempt to attach video.

Video here:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom