2 and a half week old mixed Araucana?

Thank you! Yes, I thought it might be crossed, but that's okay. We have another one, with a similar looking comb which has 5 toes. So suspecting they booth have some sort of silkie mix in them. The parent birds both had tails, but bantam size looking. The mother was black with a green sheen and might be an Easter Egger, it had muffs and a beard. The farther was white, with a tuft on top of it's head. Both parent birds had rose combs. They had a few pullets there, they all looked bantam sized as well with only tufts on top of their head like the farther, which they are getting now. They were a lot smaller compared to a medium bird. How long do you think it will be until they will be able to go out? They are fully feathered everywhere except their face, including under their wings.

I put some 4 week old chicks out in a sheltered aviary and they were absolutely fine. It must still be pretty warm where you are in Aussie? As long as they are sheltered and the night time temperature isn't dipping too low I'd say they'll be fine outside.

I put some 4 week old chicks out in a sheltered aviary and they were absolutely fine. It must still be pretty warm where you are in Aussie? As long as they are sheltered and the night time temperature isn't dipping too low I'd say they'll be fine outside.
I'm in Victoria. It should only get to about 11 degrees tonight. The have been getting used to less and less heat. We have this one (we named them Speckles) and another one the same age. We also have two more that are 3 weeks and 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom