2 banties need id'd, please

becky_animals

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 25, 2019
Good morning!
I picked up some banty chicks at a local feed store. They are now 10 weeks old. I think the clean legged one (black and white lacing, labelled lace in photos) may be a sebright, but I'd like your thoughts on it and my other one. The other one (labelled mutt in photos) has feather legging like some cochins from the same group of banties but got its feathers VERY slowly where the cochins got them fast. And I can't find its color pattern for cochins online - assorted black and white bars, speckles, and splotches.
Thanks!

Attachments

• laced 1.jpg
    laced 1.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 12
  • laced wing.jpg
    laced wing.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 3
  • mutt 1.jpg
    mutt 1.jpg
    819.9 KB · Views: 3
  • mutt wing.jpg
    mutt wing.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 4
Thank you! I'd wondered if it was some sort of brahma, but couldn't find that mixed color pattern in any online photos...

Silver Sebright pullet and a bantam dark Brahma cockerel.
Thanks!
What makes you say cockerel for the brahma? Two of the cochins we got with him already have significant combs and are trying to crow. Or do brahmas get that slowly, too, just like his slow feathers?
(I'm not questioning whether you're right or not, just trying to understand. I'm kind of new to "assorted" chickens!)

Thanks!
What makes you say cockerel for the brahma? Two of the cochins we got with him already have significant combs and are trying to crow. Or do brahmas get that slowly, too, just like his slow feathers?
(I'm not questioning whether you're right or not, just trying to understand. I'm kind of new to "assorted" chickens!)
Dark Brahmas are sexually dimorphic. His color/pattern gives him away.

Brahmas have pea combs and Cochins have single combs. That's why the Cochins combs appear more developed.

Good morning!
I picked up some banty chicks at a local feed store. They are now 10 weeks old. I think the clean legged one (black and white lacing, labelled lace in photos) may be a sebright, but I'd like your thoughts on it and my other one. The other one (labelled mutt in photos) has feather legging like some cochins from the same group of banties but got its feathers VERY slowly where the cochins got them fast. And I can't find its color pattern for cochins online - assorted black and white bars, speckles, and splotches.
Thanks!
Awwww you got yourself a little Silver Sebright! Your lucky they can be really hard to find! At least where I live!

Back
Top Bottom