2 blue layers and 2 brown layers

iibchickens

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 4, 2010
Our chickens just started laying a few weeks ago and we found it so strange that the 2 brown egg layers lay in one box and the 2 blue egg layers lay in another box. Is this typical?

I don't know about laying together because most of mine lay in one nest box ! But I find it funny that all my brown egg layers were born and raised at the same time, at the same farm and were housed together since birth...but if you look out in my yard--you will see both of my RIR together, both of my BO together and my Barred Rocks together... before my Ameraucanas and EE died, they were always together--I have laughed, many times, at the thought of "birds of a feather flock together', while watching my girls...

All four are Ameraucanas ... they hang out together except that two use one box and two use another, they seem to have color coded boxes!

I too have noticed a tendency for the 2 Wyandottes to be close to each other, the 2 whites, and the 2 EEs.
I thought maybe it was my imagination. It is not real pronounced, they are usually all 6 pretty close, but I think there may be something to that old saying. Thanks for reminding me of it
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom