2 boys and a girl?

Beckin

Chirping
Dec 4, 2020
Would I be correct in saying the blue and the brown are cockerels and the white is a pullet? Around 16 weeks of age.

Thank you for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_0871.jpeg
    IMG_0871.jpeg
    989 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0480.jpeg
    IMG_0480.jpeg
    461.8 KB · Views: 27
They look to be all pullets! At 12 weeks cockerels usually get their pointed saddle and hackle feathers. None of your birds seem to have those feathers and at 16 weeks these are almost certainly pullets.

They look to be all pullets! At 12 weeks cockerels usually get their pointed saddle and hackle feathers. None of your birds seem to have those feathers and at 16 weeks these are almost certainly pullets.

Oh wow, thank you! I didn’t realise the naked neck pic didn’t attach, so I’ve added a better photo. It would be great if they were pullets!

Attachments

• IMG_0868.jpeg
    IMG_0868.jpeg
    826.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0865.jpeg
    IMG_0865.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 18
I think the blue and brown are both late blooming cockerels. But I would give them more time to be sure. I'm not seeing definite male specific feathering, but the patchiness in both of their color patterns is usually a male trait.

In general cockerels look much more like roosters when 16 weeks old. Most cockerels crow by that time too. The growing and reddening of the combs is a sign pullets are not far from their point of lay. But because of short days and cold its possible they wait until early spring to lay their first egg.

I bet you have 3 pullets.

Back
Top Bottom