2 Bumblefoots and a Broody

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by augustmomx2, Jul 28, 2010.

1. augustmomx2

augustmomx2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I just came on here to complain [​IMG] I am currently dealing with 2 chickens w/bumblefoot and a BA that is a psycho broody! It seems that summertime always brings on the health/weird issues in my chickens [​IMG] When I get home from work, my first thing to do is to fix dinner for my family, etc and now my whole evening is revolving around these goofy chickens! Bumblefoot surgery is nast-ola and that psycho broody growls at me everytime I walk into the coop. Not to mention she's sitting on NOTHING, I've pulled all the eggs, since I don't have a roo for her those eggs are not fertile.

And I'm seriously thinking about adding another 25 meaties soon?! I need to have my head checked...or maybe I could give the meaties to the broody to raise [​IMG]

2. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Well, even though it's nasty, you're doing your best to take care of the bumblefooted [​IMG] chickens. They are darned lucky to be owned by you. Heck, maybe give Ms. Grumpy a few meaties, at least when they're eating all the food she'll have something to really grumble about. [​IMG]

3. augustmomx2

augustmomx2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Quote:Thanks for the vote of confidence [​IMG] My dh thinks I've lost my mind performing "surgery" on these chickens! Silly chickens [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by