2 chickens killed; my own damn fault!

It happens to all of us.
hugs.gif
One time I thought that I had latched the pop door and had missed it that was the fancy kids run. THe next time I just plain forgot to close the human door to the production girls.
he.gif
I was lucky both instances.
I'm sorry that happened to you and your chickies.
hit.gif

So sorry to hear about your little ones
hugs.gif

It really is a mistake that most people make....we've done it too. Don't be too hard on yourself.

I am so very sorry. It has happened to me. About a year ago I was all smug about the hens being able to free run in the garden out by their house and not poopin all in my yard. I had it fixed where they stayed in the garden and my wonderful 'marking' dogs stayed out. BIG MISTAKE. I wasnt even closing them up at night. I got up one morning and it looked like it has snowed out in the garden/chicken yard. It was April here in TX, we dont have snow in April but once in a blue moon. The closer I got the more sick I became. THe flies were horrible. 2 were completely missing, the other 4 were headless. Not one feather was outside the garden. "IT" had dug under the outside fence and helped himself. I had 5 left and I crated them for over a month at night. I also remembered about my male dogs marking the fence. So from now on I always open the garden gate in the morning and close it every night when I close up the hens. And I still sometimes forget, but at least now my dogs are back to marking the fence and nothing comes in. Dogs are wonderful to have with your chickens. Mine were 7 and 3 yrs old when I got my chickens and have never offered to hurt them.

again, Im so very sorry.

Back
Top Bottom