2 Chickens - Thank Goodness for McMurray

Quote:
hugs.gif
Sorry, honey, I though you were a MIKE....or well, ROD

Interesting, a certainly a very rare bird indeed. Wonder what the chicks will look like???

Christina

McMurray's Delawares are off.

I got a Delaware roo in my pullet order from them and he actually had a pea comb.

Weird.

Oh, and both look like pullets.

Delaware and EE.

Well, needless to say, I am pretty happy about these opinions. In about 3 weeks, I will be expecting Freckles to lay. Sweet! Freckles is very friendly and will let me pick her up and pet her. What a contrast to my leghorns that run around like their hair is on fire every time I come near them. I also have 17 white rocks, and they too are somewhat approachable. But not Crazychick. She is almost as bad as the leghorns. PANIC!!!!

BTW, I think the free rare chick is one of the coolest things McMurray does. My kids LOVE it. What is that one dad? I don't know, lets see... My son goes on to McMurray's site and compares the chick pictures and narrows it down to a handful of close choices. We got a black sexlink last year and it was a great bird. We lost it unfortunately.

Last edited:
I only have two hens that really, really love to be held and to actually be petted... My black star "White Toe" and my BO, Buffy... and Buffy is just a cutie pie.

Quote:
hugs.gif
Sorry, honey, I though you were a MIKE....or well, ROD

Interesting, a certainly a very rare bird indeed. Wonder what the chicks will look like???

Christina

I thought you were a "Mike" as well!"

Back
Top Bottom