2 D’uccle cockerels Ithaca NY

Hunnied

Chirping
Nov 10, 2019
Freeville, NY
I’d like to re-home one Mille Fleur D’uccle rooster and one porcelain D’uccle rooster. They’re 16wks old. The photo was taken a few weeks ago, and the two roosters in need of a new home are the ones on either side of the hen. Located just outside Ithaca NY.
00C19C52-4936-4896-83AF-4EAB2C3B1A7E.jpeg

I’d like to re-home one Mille Fleur D’uccle rooster and one porcelain D’uccle rooster. They’re 16wks old. The photo was taken a few weeks ago, and the two roosters in need of a new home are the ones on either side of the hen. Located just outside Ithaca NY.
View attachment 2281564
Just out of curiosity are you allowed roosters in your area. I leave in nj but I’m going to start looking for a new house soon with more land not too far from the city since I work in the city. About a hour and half distance from work I think I can do.
good luck with those cute boys

Just out of curiosity are you allowed roosters in your area. I leave in nj but I’m going to start looking for a new house soon with more land not too far from the city since I work in the city. About a hour and half distance from work I think I can do.
good luck with those cute boys

I live in Freeville about 10min outside Ithaca, and I am allowed roosters. I do not think they’re allowed in Ithaca, though.

Thanks! I really thought I’d be able to manage keeping all of the boys, but I am now doubting that enough that I figured it best to start looking for their new home. I am new to rooster ownership, though, and also worried that I am jumping the gun, and just need to keep up my confidence through their “teen” stage.

I live in Freeville about 10min outside Ithaca, and I am allowed roosters. I do not think they’re allowed in Ithaca, though.

Thanks! I really thought I’d be able to manage keeping all of the boys, but I am now doubting that enough that I figured it best to start looking for their new home. I am new to rooster ownership, though, and also worried that I am jumping the gun, and just need to keep up my confidence through their “teen” stage.
I have quite a few roosters right now. I’m allowed rooster where I am now. I just want more space for them. My neighbors don’t complain either. I’m lucky I guess. Good luck. It’s not easy.

I have quite a few roosters right now. I’m allowed rooster where I am now. I just want more space for them. My neighbors don’t complain either. I’m lucky I guess. Good luck. It’s not easy.
My neighbor is the grandson of the former owner of my home, and I just recently learned that the grandfather was a chicken fanatic with horrible chicken math. So my neighbor said my roosters don’t even register to him compared to his grandfather’s!

I’d like to be able to keep a bachelor flock one day, and I have the space. I just don’t have the means to build their coop or run right now. So I’m feeling a little disappointed in myself.

My neighbor is the grandson of the former owner of my home, and I just recently learned that the grandfather was a chicken fanatic with horrible chicken math. So my neighbor said my roosters don’t even register to him compared to his grandfather’s!

I’d like to be able to keep a bachelor flock one day, and I have the space. I just don’t have the means to build their coop or run right now. So I’m feeling a little disappointed in myself.
That’s awesome. I would love to build a bachelor’s pad too. Roosters are awesome

That’s awesome. I would love to build a bachelor’s pad too. Roosters are awesome

I agree. I just found a couple articals about rooster behavior and managing it that provided something different and more promising than all the typical ones with the same old “hold them, don’t hold them, don’t do anything because nothing works, etc” advice and arguments, and now I’m feeling much more hopeful and in control. Spent some time in the run implementing some of it, and all the roosters came and laid down next to me for a nap with the girls! No sideways glances or anything!

https://www.efowl.com/rooster-wants-know/

http://www.backyardchickentalk.com/rowdy-roosters-training-time-rehabbing-vinny/

Back
Top Bottom