2-day old chick behaving very strangely

Homestead-Instead

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2022
Hello. I just received my baby chicks from a reputable online source. Of the 15 I ordered, all are doing fine, except for one. The minute I removed the baby from the shipping box into my brooder I knew something wasn't right. The chick seemed to not be able to lift its head, and when she tried to walk, she either walked in circles, or scooted backwards. She seemed in complete confusion. The most worrisome symptom however, is that she doesn't appear to have the strength to even lift her little head. It's as if she just drags her little head. I thought she might be just vitamin and electrolyte deprived after the long journey, so I fed her chick electrolyte water with and eye dropper (she couldn't lift her head to drink by herself). I'm feeling that I may lose this little chick, unless I can figure out what's wrong.

I've taken a special interest in this little chick because the other chicks in the flock seem to be pecking at her little wings, and her little wings are losing their down.

I'm new to raising chickens (this is my first flock), and I never thought I'd become so attached so quickly. I really feel like I may lose this little chick.

v/r
Homestead-Instead (H-I)

I'm feeling that I may lose this little chick, unless I can figure out what's wrong.
Poultry nutri drench is recommended. It has amino acids that other supplement do not and is patented to work immediately without absorption no digestion needed.. Sometimes works miracles.

Hold the chick in your hand with beak facing bend in forefinger and drip just below the nostrils using the bent forefinger to help direct the drip and beak together. The chick will naturally gobble and swallow as it rolls around into the mouth.

:fl

Can you seperate her by a see through wall fr the other chicks? Give her raw yolk with a dropper. It's a nutrition bomb. Also you could give her maple syrup diluted in water. B grade maple syrup has more vitamins and is cheaper because it's darker in color.

Back
Top Bottom