2 day old chick. Lathergic and not active.

Im fixing a brooder box inside my house for my little baby.. I have another chick that is his size that was born a few days before him that im thinking about putting with him so he wont be alone.. Do you think that would help... I do see him eating what he finds around him but havent seen him drink water without my help.
I do think company will help. If it all possible, make the brooder in the coop or run so that integration (for either or both chicks) will not be a problem, when that time comes. Good luck!

I do think company will help. If it all possible, make the brooder in the coop or run so that integration (for either or both chicks) will not be a problem, when that time comes. Good luck!
Ive literally been sitting in my coop watching him.. He took a 15 min nap. I gave him sugar water and he is off.. Running around with his siblings.. I watched him eat and drink on his own.. I think my little pumpkin just needed some time.. I believe he'll be ok..🐣🐥😉😉 but i will continue to keep an eye on him. If he goes down again i will remove him.. Thanks for everyones help

:welcome :frow I use Sav-A-Chick too. I have also used Poli-Vi-Sol without Iron or poultry Nutri-Drench. Every couple of hours in the beginning I would encourage it to drink some water mix. Some chicks don't thrive and will with some TLC but others won't. I would put the chick in a separate brooder with heat. Good luck with your birds.
20210429_141915.jpg

Attachments

• Save-A-Chick.jpg
    Save-A-Chick.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Poli-Vi-Sol.jpg
    Poli-Vi-Sol.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Nutri-drench.jpg
    Nutri-drench.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 3
Well he seemed to be doing better today. But he doesnt seem to know to get under the hen. I have a heat light so hes good. And i went to go check on him tonight he was laying under the light.. He 2.5 days now and just seems so skinny and had a little dried poop on his butt witch i cleaned. He is a silky so not sure if its a common thing because they are so fluffy or if hes getting pasty butt.. What do you think.

Back
Top Bottom