2 day old duckling helppp

ducks234

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2022
Hey so i hatched out 2 ducklings 2 days ago at around 12pm and they seemed fine and healthy. they started to eat and drink around 3h after they hatched, in the evening they were eating and drinking like normal but today one of them isn't eating, it only had a few starter crumbs but it's still drinking alot like normal. I put yeast pouder in their water just so it's getting some goodness but I'm worried about the little guy. it seems less active and more tired while the other one is full of energy like they were yesterday. please help

Do you have pictures of your set-up? Yes, I agree with moistening the crumbles, it's easier on the little ones (heck, I still do it for my adults!).

What kind of food are you feeding them, and did they hatch by themselves or did you assist them?

I would put the yeast on the crumbles instead of in the water. If you wanted you could put some water on the crumbles to make it mushier/easier to eat. What is your set up like? Do they have heat?
the yeast are already on the crumbs too but it's not interested at all, I've also tried putting water on the crumbs but it doesn't help. it's just a normal set up with 2 heat lamps. I've had ducklings before and everythings been fine

Do you have pictures of your set-up? Yes, I agree with moistening the crumbles, it's easier on the little ones (heck, I still do it for my adults!).

What kind of food are you feeding them, and did they hatch by themselves or did you assist them?

the picture isn't too clear because the heat lamps are bright. their just having starter crumbs non medicated and they hatched themselves

I'm having issues also with one of my ducklings, although I've never had problems before raising them. All the info you have helps us diagnose what the issue can be.

Mine is currently on B vitamin complex (I don't have access to Durvet here, so had to get human caplets, crush them, and am mixing in with feed). It has me so frustrated! I've raised bunches of ducklings without issue before. Help here has been a godsend, and the support.

I'm having issues also with one of my ducklings, although I've never had problems before raising them. All the info you have helps us diagnose what the issue can be.

Mine is currently on B vitamin complex (I don't have access to Durvet here, so had to get human caplets, crush them, and am mixing in with feed). It has me so frustrated! I've raised bunches of ducklings without issue before. Help here has been a godsend, and the support.
ohh i really hope their going to get better soon, i just gave mine some scrambled egg apparently that was meant to help them and it has done so i recommend it! mines suddenly got abit more energy and is eating some of their crumbs(still not a normal amount but at least its something!)

When my shipped Runner ducklings arrived 2 didn't make it [hatchery said shipping stress] The other 2 were not doing well so I started them on scrambled eggs with B complex mixed in they began to thrive and loved the scrambled egg. They got one to share every morning until they were 4 weeks old just because they loved them so much,. But I honestly think I would have lost the 2 if not for the scrambled egg and liquid B Complex.

@Canadian Wind start your little one on the scrambled egg with the b complex mixed in.
I am sorry I forgot about that since it was 2019 when They came.

Back
Top Bottom