2 days & still no chickds from Ideal

ARchick

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
East Arkansas
My chicks shipped on the 17th & should have been here this morning. I called the post office a few minutes ago to check & they said no chicks arrived this morning.
sad.png
I'm afraid I'll lose a bunch if it's tomorrow before I get them.

Hi ARchick - I know how frustrating that is. When I ordered baby chicks I didn't get them until late on the day they were due, even though I was told they would be at the post office bright and early. Hopefully you'll hear something today.
fl.gif
If your local post office is not the main post office for your area (I forget what they are called - it's like the distribution point for mail in an area), maybe you can call the main post office for your area and ask if they've received the chicks?

Penny

Quote:
Yes, call your main "hub"! Our PO is in our little town obviously, but our mail goes to Amarillo first. I would see if you couldn't find some phone numbers and call around.
I hope you get them asap!
sad.png
It's so stressful having little babies out there on their own!

I too had chicks comming from Ideal that were shipped out on the 17th. I have recieved my order, and I live in Massachusetts. I think the post office is to blame for the delay. I am new to raising day old hatchlings, but I have done alot of research on backyardchickens.com. I have learned that day old hatchlings can survive at least 2 days off of the yoke they absorb into their bellies just before they hatch. (I have even seen other recources say as many as 3 days.) I sincerly hope that you get your shipment soon and the chicks are all well. I would also advise that you stay on top of the post office to let them know how important this delivery is. Good luck and best wishes:)

sad.png
((Hugs)) I hope they arrive really soon and perfectly peeping.

What did you order?

I just got 29 Salmon Faverolles this morning that also shipped the 17th from Estes.
I was worried about this morning and I got them on time, I can't imagine how I would feel if they were still "out there"...

Hang in there.

I took your advice & called the post office a minute ago & the lady that answered was very nice. She seemed concerned for them too & took all my information. She said she was going to make some phone calls & see where they might be held up at & said she would call me back shortly. I told her if she could just find them that I'd go get them if they weren't too far. Very nice & sounded concerned, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Ahhh- this just happened to me with 4 week old chicks- that don't have the yolk to live on! I went to the PO in the morning, and they said they were not there I cried all the way home. They ended up being on a later truck, and told me I could not pick them up at the hub anyway. I lost 2, but ended up with 5 tattered, but healthy chicks. It's so hard waiting! I feel for ya- hope they show up soon!

Great News!!!!! The lady at the post office called me back & said she found the chicks. She said they are in Memphis which is about 15 miles from my post office. She said that she's going to go get them for me & would call me back when she got back from Memphis. She said they are in an air conditioned room & were all alive. I can't believe she is going out of her way so much to help me. I'll have to write a HUGE thank you letter to her boss for this!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom