2 days & still no chickds from Ideal

juliechick

Transplanted Hillbilly
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Southeast AR
Quote:That is wonderful! You might need to hug her neck for that.

By the way, come join us on the Arkansas folks thread under "Where Am I, Where are You".

GAchick

Songster
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Pembroke GA
Quote:That is wonderful! You might need to hug her neck for that.

By the way, come join us on the Arkansas folks thread under "Where Am I, Where are You".

But do write a nice thank you letter and send a copy to her boss, also. It REALLY means a lot.

ARchick

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
East Arkansas
Well, here they are!!!! I ordered 11 & they gave me 6 rhode island red roos for packing peanuts.
All 17 were alive & appear to be doing fine. They all were very thirsty & are eating & drinking like crazy. The 5 little milli fleur d'uccle bantams are just too cute!!!
I hope these pictures work.

basicliving

Keepin' the sunny side up
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Precious, precious, precious!!!!! I'm so happy they are home with you now!!

USPS gets a bad wrap a lot of times, but they did the same for me when my chicks were late. I'm so happy you called them. And I'm really happy you have your babies!!!!

PeepsNLadybugs

Songster
10 Years
May 14, 2009
W of Tallahassee, FL
I'm really glad this story had a happy ending.
Just one thing......
I think I read someplace that you should use paper towels on top of newspaper so your new chicks don't get "spraddle-legs". I'm just saying.......
Good Luck

ARchick

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
East Arkansas
Thanks everyone!!!! The lady that helped me was the postmaster herself for my local post office. She was super nice!!!!

As far as the newspaper goes I'll probably be taking it up tonight as soon as I'm comfortable they know what their food looks like. The last ones I raised I did that way & never had any problems. They'll be on the pine shavings that's under that paper after that. They'll definitely be off the paper tomorrow morning at the latest.

Top Bottom