2 days & still no chickds from Ideal

Oh I'm so happy your babies arrived safely and wow they are generous, 6 pp that's nice, I got 1 !!
big_smile.png

You know PeepsNLadybugs wants your babies to stay healthy for you, we don't want you to have any leg problems, I lost a baby cuz of that awful spraddle leg. But I think my littleone came to me that way! Have fun and enjoy every minute with your chickies, they are FUN!
big_smile.png

Quote:
There is 1 Buff Orpington Roo, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Gold Sex Link & 2 Ameracauna's (all pullets) in addition to the straight run of millies.

I just ordered chicks from Ideal and they arrived less than 24 hours after they hatched. I was hesitant at first to order from a hatchery so far away, but now I think the distance may have worked in my favor because they came on a plane, not a truck.

I thought my Mille Fleur D'uccles looked like little owls, especially when viewed from behind...funny little things!

AR,
If you line the bottom of that tub with paper towels it will help their footing and prevent spraddle leg.

I took the paper out & they are just on the pine shavings now. They seem to be doing fine on it. There sure is a lot of pecking going on between all of them right now. More than the last group I raised ever did. I might have to re-home these extra roos quicker than I planned.

Back
Top Bottom