2 dead chickens this morning

SundownWaterfowl

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 16, 2008
Southern Columbia County NY
I just got in from the animals, and in my old english pen, 2 were dead. A bbred cockerel, and a self blue (pullet) i think. The bbred cockerel was dead by the edge of the coop, with his head torn off, body still intact. The self blue was just 2 wings and a tail, but this bird was right in the middle of the pen. So im not sure if it was something small enough to get into the coop.
idunno.gif
Or a raccoon. But the bbred's head was off, in the coop, on the other side. This is the type of coop they were in. http://images.google.com/imgres?img...s?q=playhouse+coop&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbs=isch:1

Everybody else in the rest of the pens were fine. Do you think it was a racoon or a weasel? And whatever it was should be back tonight, I would think. I do have a game camera, so I will try and set that up.

Id get the shot gun ready for tonight and wait it will be back it is is a coon or a oposson , Ive had so many problems with coons and opossoms and hawks that my husband has his little refuse out side doctored up with leaves and grass where he sits and waits for the coons because of course you cant shoot a hawk
droolin.gif
But coons are a different story
celebrate.gif
good luck and I am sorry to hear about your loss it is always so very sad
hit.gif

Quote:
Nope. I can see that the wire is a little bit bent, by near where the cockerel got his head torn off. I did look around the pens, since there is some now left, and I see what looks like racoon tracks, or possibly oppossum tracks. I did have the game came up about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and did catch a oppossum on it, so its probably that. Thank goodness. Id rather have that over a weasel, those things could probably get into any thing.

Back
Top Bottom