That's Weird....... Help Please?

Ratzy

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 10, 2011
Okay.... I just came back from overseas and I find that my silver-laced wyandotte 'hen' is now a roo.
'She' was six months old and people on here told me she was a hen. Now 'she' is 9 months old and looks like this.
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?img...&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:32&biw=1024&bih=587
Used to look like this.
SAM_1004.jpg

So now I'm confused and have 2 roos and 4 hens, which isn't good, is it?
I am very attached to my boys, don't really want to rehome either. They don't fight or anything yet, they are inseparable.

Advice?

Quote:
Have they been together their whole lives? If so, you might be able to keep them together. It is sort of a wait and see process. You wait to see if they start fighting for dominance. I have 2 roos and put a divider in the run and have two coops so that they can have their own harem, but in the afternoons everyone free ranges together.
I hope that is helpful...
big_smile.png

Yes, they were raised together in my bedroom from day-olds lol.

Sometimes one is a late bloomer. If they've been together this long, you have the best shot at them continuing to get along (i'm sure by now the alpha roo knows his date's not a girl
lau.gif

I have 3 roosters (23 hens) and the boys don't fight. Pecking order established as youngsters growing up together. TOp rooster is established and no-one questions his authority. THerefore, no fighting. These 3 grew up together from day one.

You're boys may never fight; just watch the hens for overuse. Hens may need a saddle thing to protect their back or separate boys into their own pen.

GL

You said you were deployed? Did a well meaning family member have an accident and make a quick replacement? That is an odd one!

It doesn't look like the same bird in both pictures to me either. Not quiet the same as swapping a goldfish or a hampster
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom