Chicks have 2 different breeds for parents? help me! :/

happyhens44

BroodyAddict
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Northern WI
Ok I hatched some chicks and I want to try to figure out what the chicks will most likely look like when they get older

I dont know the breed of the rooster But he looks like this (This is not my pic)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...1vu14&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0

and the hens are Red stars in other words pretty much a red sex link. they look like this (not my pic)

http://hubpages.com/hub/Chicken-Breeds-Sex-Link

What do you think they will look like?

Anyone have experience hatching chicks with parents that look like this?

They are both red sexlinks, so the chicks will look like the parents. Since they are both sex link you will end up with rooster that will have the coloring of a hen.

Quote:
NO SL they are hybrids so do not breed true. You will probably get red and white offspring I am not sure tho

Last edited:
You have Red sex link bred to Red sex link.

The chicks will be a mix of white and red. Some favoring the red side and other favoring the white. You will NOT be accurate in sexing them as chicks. This can only be done with the first generation by using a Red rooster over a white (silver) hen. You'll be able to note the roosters by age 9 weeks. They'll be longer legged and walk like a rooster.
smile.png

They will be nice chicks. A mutt chick that will lay well. Nothing wrong with that.

Well I came out with 2 white chicks, A tinted red'ish one. and a White one with a funy back design.

I have 9 in the bator that are the same breed due feb 12

Fred's Hens :

You have Red sex link bred to Red sex link.

The chicks will be a mix of white and red. Some favoring the red side and other favoring the white. You will NOT be accurate in sexing them as chicks. This can only be done with the first generation by using a Red rooster over a white (silver) hen. You'll be able to note the roosters by age 9 weeks. They'll be longer legged and walk like a rooster.
smile.png

They will be nice chicks. A mutt chick that will lay well. Nothing wrong with that.

Sorry that is what I was trying to say
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom