2 Degreese 2 Annoying

Maxamus

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 16, 2014
Day 18 is here! I'm still in the race with 9/12 chicks alive.I took the egg turned out today and temp dropped from 99.5 to 97.2. I've worked with it for about an hour and the temp won't budge! Help?

Day 18 is here! I'm still in the race with 9/12 chicks alive.I took the egg turned out today and temp dropped from 99.5 to 97.2. I've worked with it for about an hour and the temp won't budge! Help?
Can you try to cover it with blankets in a way that doesn't block the vents?

-Kathy

Will this do, I'm blasting the fireplace in hope to warm this icy hell up

Yes!Survival. I will watch the temp all day. Thanks for the help
Does the incubator temp display always read so high? Did you candle the eggs to see if they're alive? Might be a good idea to get another thermometer just in case.

-Kathy

It will also help if you put the bator on a nice thick layer of foam, or even some folded towels. They can loose a lot of heat through the bottom. My bator is home made styrofoam, and I have to layer on the towels, set it on a foam cushion due to temp variations with our wood heat. Also, if your turner had a motor which was in the bator, as I assume they all do, that would account for your temp drop. Be extra careful b/c it's super easy to over compensate when raising the temp, resulting in a critical temp spike. The good news is that, at this stage, the chicklets are generating a fair amount of their own body heat, and some incubator protocols even recommend dropping the temp by a degree for hatch.

Back
Top Bottom