2 different Readings

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickbrad24, Apr 5, 2018.

1. chickbrad24

chickbrad24 Songster

Jun 18, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Hello and thank you all inadvance for reading this post.

As I have just purcahsed hatching eggs off ebay. I set my incubator up 3 days ago and just set the eggs yesterday. I am getting 2 different readings on humidity. My little giant still incubator is reading humidity at 51% my new digital thermometer and humitdity reader is saying humidity is at 39% but the temp is the same on both whcich one do I go by ? As the humidity reader is inside the incubator and the little giant still incubator reader is on top of the eggs.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Bradley.

2. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    You need to calibrate your gauges first so you have a known good reading.

You can not trust any readings (thermometer or humidity gauge) that come with a bator.

oregonkat and Ol Grey Mare like this.
  3. oregonkat

oregonkat Crowing

Oct 5, 2012
    Southern Oregon
    x2. Do not trust the incubator and calibrate your other instruments. Remember to allow your eggs to rest fat end up for about 24 hours before incubating and if any air cells are detatched, wait to start the turning for a couple of days to allow everyone to settle down. Good luck, and please let us know how it goes.

4. chickbrad24

chickbrad24 Songster

Jun 18, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    My last little giant still air incubator did not have a gauge on it so I just used a gauge from Wal-Mart and had a pretty successful hatch. So I am just going to ignore the one on the incubator and look at the one in the incubator. I'll keep you updated.

Thank you all for your advice and knowledge.

oregonkat and KikisGirls like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: