2 ducklings biting eatchothers/own feathers

JoshAlvarez

Hatching
Mar 23, 2021
I have 2 Pekin ducklings that I got almost 2 weeks ago and I’m starting to notice that their feathers are falling especially their wings and I often catch them biting eatchother I’m Unaware of their genders still a feed them/give them water regularly what can be causing this?

This can happen if their housing is too small, how big is your set up? Showing pictures can help because they can be molting and just pecking to help each other ( I think that is normal lol)

This can happen if their housing is too small, how big is your set up? Showing pictures can help because they can be molting and just pecking to help each other ( I think that is normal lol)
I had a pen coming in soon only problem was the shipping is delayed like a week so my family decided it would be a good idea to put them in a large hamster cage until it comes in (I can’t get a picture sorry)

I had a pen coming in soon only problem was the shipping is delayed like a week so my family decided it would be a good idea to put them in a large hamster cage until it comes in (I can’t get a picture sorry)
Do they get out a lot like you hold them and let them run around? I think because depending on the space they are pecking each other because of the small amount of room. I don't know If you have had ducks before but they grow FAST. It could be that they are molting but they peck because of the space. Hopefully the little guys are fine! 💕

It's too small a cage. They could hurt each other.

Put them each in their own if you don't have one big enough for 2.
Alternatively, a box will do if you don't have a cage. I am assuming these are small babies and they aren't going to fly away. The box should not have a cover.

maybe a neighbor or a family member or a friend has a big dog cage to lend you ?

Do they get out a lot like you hold them and let them run around? I think because depending on the space they are pecking each other because of the small amount of room. I don't know If you have had ducks before but they grow FAST. It could be that they are molting but they peck because of the space. Hopefully the little guys are fine! 💕
You are right I have not had ducks before and I try my best to give them outdoor time running around in the yard I tried giving them a bath but they pecked eatchother a lot there which could mean their molting? Idk but I was able to get a picture of some of their spots

You are right I have not had ducks before and I try my best to give them outdoor time running around in the yard I tried giving them a bath but they pecked eatchother a lot there which could mean their molting? Idk but I was able to get a picture of some of their spots

Attachments

• 6B3B84CC-0D0F-4F5D-950D-474A3F220D0E.jpeg
    6B3B84CC-0D0F-4F5D-950D-474A3F220D0E.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 0759E2D3-39E5-44D5-ABE0-61AA29FD4514.jpeg
    0759E2D3-39E5-44D5-ABE0-61AA29FD4514.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom