2 eggs in one day!

Artemis Fowl

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 13, 2010
Arizona
I have a 20 week BR who I believe is trying to lay her first egg, the problem is it's about 110 outside right now! My pullet keeps running from the shade to the coop will she over work herself and die? Any advice on what I should do? ( BTW her second in command laid my first egg a couple hours ago, is the leader trying to compete with her underling?

Last edited:
A few of my neighbor's gals died this year, on what we attribute to the heat. So on the really hot days, we tend to mist our chickens with the water hose if we think it's too hot out there for them. That is the only advise I have or can give.

A bottle of water frozen for her to lay against... Yep chickens die in the that kind of heat... and yep they run around... fear maybe... Just put her in a cool quiet place... Sit out the heat wave.... good luck.

Whew! I got my second egg of the day!! I thought my chickens were barren and now 2 eggs in one day?... Amazing!! I brought in the overheated pullet and almost as soon as I brought her in the house she started singing the egg song, and there is 1 tiny little egg just sitting there!!

Back
Top Bottom