2 eggs stuck together

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Horsinaround44, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Horsinaround44

Horsinaround44 New Egg

Nov 28, 2013
    Im a newbie to chicken breeding and set my first lot of eggs last night in the incubator, I went to turn them this morning to find that 2 had stuck together I went to turn them together however part of the shell broke off and stuck to the other, I do see the membrane hasnt broken tho... will this still hatch? or am I better to just throw it out now?

2. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    your egg should still hatch what i did when this happened with exotic birds I would put kids emomers glue over that spot and let it dry so it would form a spot like a shell. People will say it wont be able to breath but I have had eggs hatch that were in pretty bad shape and glued up

3. Horsinaround44

Horsinaround44 New Egg

Nov 28, 2013
    Thank you I will do that, the area where the shell has come off is very small so that should work, I just thought I would ask on here as was wondering if the glue was poisonous to the egg.

4. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Why were they stuck together? It sounds like one was possibly weeping to create whatever made them sticky. if one IS weeping, you need to get it out of the incubator now.

5. Horsinaround44

Horsinaround44 New Egg

Nov 28, 2013
    When they arrived by mail, 2 had cracked and the package was wet, I think some of the residue had gone onto one of the eggs next to it causing it to stick to the other.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by