2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

Pics
I've had to assist. As long as you go slowly, keep everything moist, and wait for the veins to recede, they be fine. Personally, I'd open the hole a bit more so you know they are getting oxygen. And watch the beaks. If they turn in the shell and don't break through soon, they suffocate. Lost a few to that. Maybe I mess with mine too much, but I only lost ones from waiting, not from helping. I just am worried you'll be disappointed in the morning.

Quote:
I agree, i would hate for you too find either one baby dead or both of them dead in the morning....even if you just open up the holes a bit to make sure they have enough air...
This makes me extremely nervous, I will open the hole a little bit because they aren't moving much ( could be resting) and aren't peeping back at my voice , I will do my best to open the hole and post a picture brb

:frow

Figured I should pop in here, lol... been helping with this for the last couple days... assisting too early can be much worse than waiting too long, trust me I have unfortunate experience with that...

But definitely need to wait 24hrs from pip before opening... and FridayYet is correct, tweezers are a much better tool to use than a knife...

Btw, if that is the Hatchabatch App, it is off by a day... if it says day 24, then it's actually day 25... :)

I really hate to make you nervous. It's just like what was said earlier about them having a hard time turning because there are two. As long as they have air, they will be ok waiting. Did you read the page on assisted hatching? It helped me a lot.

This makes me extremely nervous, I will open the hole a little bit because they aren't moving much ( could be resting) and aren't peeping back at my voice , I will do my best to open the hole and post a picture brb

I haven't done anything as of yet, the opening is getting much bigger and is allowing both to stick their beaks through at the same time in fact. So I'm not sure if I should do anything yet I don't want to dry out the membranes by messing with it :(

I haven't done anything as of yet, the opening is getting much bigger and is allowing both to stick their beaks through at the same time in fact. So I'm not sure if I should do anything yet I don't want to dry out the membranes by messing with it :(

Yup I agree with mustangrooster. Looks to be a big enough hole to breath from.

Back
Top Bottom