2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

Pics

These were chickens, I know ducks are bigger so idk what advise to give, other than if you feel like you have to step in or it has been too long (over 24 hrs) then you may want to.
I wouldnt recommend doing it with a knife like this woman does though, I have assisted hatches before, you just start peeling shell from pips, SLOWLY and if it starts to bleed stop, and try again in a couple hours. You will know the right decision to make, were all routing you on and hoping for the best!!! Good luck!

Last edited:
I'm completely baffled by these two, and have absolutely no idea how in the world they will come out or how they both survived! But the last time I checked they both have been poking out their beaks. My husband thinks that they are attached together and won't survive, I guess like simese twins. I'm being optimistic about these two. The instructions said to assist only if they have not made progress after 12 hours of popping through the shell, so I have my alarm set for 7 am and will see how things have progressed. I really don't want to help hatch them :(

Also according to my hatch batch app today is only day 24 and everything I have seen said they take 28 days.

Well hopefully you wont have to, and I've never seen any siamese poultry, I guess its not completely impossible though, lets just hope for the best
1f609.png
Cant wait to see what happens tomorrow!!!

These were chickens, I know ducks are bigger so idk what advise to give, other than if you feel like you have to step in or it has been too long (over 24 hrs) then you may want to.
I wouldnt recommend doing it with a knife like this woman does though, I have assisted hatches before, you just start peeling shell from pips, SLOWLY and if it starts to bleed stop, and try again in a couple hours. You will know the right decision to make, were all routing you on and hoping for the best!!! Good luck!

Oh my, no I will not be using a knife .. I'm really hoping that I don't have to do anything because I am terrified that I will mess something up... My fingers and toes are crossed that they will have made more progress by morning

Also according to my hatch batch app today is only day 24 and everything I have seen said they take 28 days.

Yeah but once they pip that goes out the door! Some come early some come late you never know but once they pip theyre hatching, its like when your water breaks. Thats why they said after 12 hours you might want to help, because after that they can get shrink wrapped in the egg by the inner membrane.

I'm thinking that with two in there, they won't be able to spin and make a zip line. Have you seen any pip marks at the other end?

No, they are both pipping in the same spot , ones a little bit higher up than the other but the last time I checked we saw both beaks sticking out , it was like a game of whack a mole, except I didn't whack anything, I almost cried a little bit because I want them to be OK so bad.

Back
Top Bottom