2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

We had some hatch a couple weeks ago... always so exciting!!!

How do I subscribe?

I'll be watching too! I've only heard of this happening once... Cool!!
1f423.png
1f423.png

Only I would have this happen to me, it's my first time incubating eggs and I get one with twins. I'm also pretty sure since I know now what I am looking at, I have a call duck egg that I'm also incubating with double embryos as well. I'm just in the beginning stages of incubator with them so we will see as they progress.

How do I subscribe?

Did you have to assist in the hatching? Is it different when it ducks verses chickens ? I'm so uneducated when it comes to this, I have never incubated eggs and only started to do so because I'm going through chemotherapy treatment and kind of in isolation so this was something to keep my spirits up. I wasn't expecting all 11 eggs to be fertile since they only guarantee 50% fertility rate. I have certainly enjoyed the incubation process and can't wait to meet all my new babies

How do I subscribe?

Hey FireHazard

Congrats! Cute little ones.

By posting on the thread, you automatically become subscribed and the thread appears in your Subscribed list.

If you want to subscribe to a thread without posting, with the thread open you can click on the ‘Subscribe’ option:

I COULD REALLY USE SOME ADVICE WITH THIS HATCHLING!!! This is the only egg that seems to have space, as if the embryo is stuck to one side. The little duckling seems to be doing fine, just moving around, I have religiously turned the eggs like I am supposed to so I don't understand why this one has stuck to 1 side? Has anyone else in this thread ever has this happen? Is the survival rate good? I can't even see anything else in all the other eggs they are so jammed backed so I'm confused about this one. Any advice would be great.

Hey FireHazard Congrats! Cute little ones. By posting on the thread, you automatically become subscribed and the thread appears in your Subscribed list. If you want to subscribe to a thread without posting, with the thread open you can click on the ‘Subscribe’ option:
Ok thanks!

I COULD REALLY USE SOME ADVICE WITH THIS HATCHLING!!! This is the only egg that seems to have space, as if the embryo is stuck to one side. The little duckling seems to be doing fine, just moving around, I have religiously turned the eggs like I am supposed to so I don't understand why this one has stuck to 1 side? Has anyone else in this thread ever has this happen? Is the survival rate good? I can't even see anything else in all the other eggs they are so jammed backed so I'm confused about this one. Any advice would be great.
I don't know much about ducks, but it will probably be fine. That one may just be a little slow to develop. Best wishes!

Did you have to assist in the hatching? Is it different when it ducks verses chickens ? I'm so uneducated when it comes to this, I have never incubated eggs and only started to do so because I'm going through chemotherapy treatment and kind of in isolation so this was something to keep my spirits up. I wasn't expecting all 11 eggs to be fertile since they only guarantee 50% fertility rate. I have certainly enjoyed the incubation process and can't wait to meet all my new babies

Lucy

I assisted the darker colored one, because it was still in the egg 2 days after it first poked a hole in it (newly hatched chicks can go about three days without food/water). The only danger about assisting the hatch is that if a chick needs help out, it may be too weak in the first place to survive. This chick is nice and healthy, as you can see, although it took it a lot longer than usual to learn how to use it's legs (it scooted around on its bottom for a few days
1f602.png
); another chick I helped out was not so lucky, though. It's really up to you, but I'd give them plenty of time to figure it out themselves. Hatch day is always so much fun!!

I hope your chemotherapy goes well! Praying for you!

Back
Top Bottom