2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

Like the doctor told the mother of a little boy when he ate a dime.....this too shall pass.

I don't have ducks but I've galloped after one of my chickens more than once when they have picked up something they shouldn't have and tried to eat it. Sometimes I catch them, some times I don't, but I agree with Ravynfallen. Biggest threat is from nicotine. I've heard of small dogs eating cigarettes and having problems not passing what they can't digest but with the nicotine. I'd keep an eye on the little guy and make sure it doesn't have problems.

Is there something you can give them to stimulate their digestion? I know you can give chickens Docusate Sodium when their crops are sluggish. I have a hen with a sluggish crop and I giver her one ever so often to make sure her crop is emptying all right. I think corn syrup will work also but I don't know about using it in ducks.

Good luck. Time to get the kids out to police the yard.

We have called the coyote hunter!
And we now carry the rifle when we check cows.

The Canadian geese have just started laying here....three pair...and all three nests have had an egg or two. All have been raided and destroyed.

The pair that has returned here for 17 years had two eggs! Lucy and Goosey are senior geese and have brought their clutch to the barn for a little corn every year.
They have now moved to a different area of the ranch. Hopefully they will be successful. Goosey still approaches the Ranger and shakes his head at me for their corn. Lucy is always a little more timid, but waddles up when I put their ration on the ground.

Like the doctor told the mother of a little boy when he ate a dime.....this too shall pass.

I don't have ducks but I've galloped after one of my chickens more than once when they have picked up something they shouldn't have and tried to eat it. Sometimes I catch them, some times I don't, but I agree with Ravynfallen. Biggest threat is from nicotine. I've heard of small dogs eating cigarettes and having problems not passing what they can't digest but with the nicotine. I'd keep an eye on the little guy and make sure it doesn't have problems.

Is there something you can give them to stimulate their digestion? I know you can give chickens Docusate Sodium when their crops are sluggish. I have a hen with a sluggish crop and I giver her one ever so often to make sure her crop is emptying all right. I think corn syrup will work also but I don't know about using it in ducks.

Good luck. Time to get the kids out to police the yard.

My kids are 9 and couple weeks shy of 7. So yea used this as example why we need to be more watchful of trash on the ground....even the tinist of trash. So far the duckling has been acting well. They were outside in pool for a bit and played in yard. Very active. Keeping close eye.

The Canadian geese have just started laying here....three pair...and all three nests have had an egg or two. All have been raided and destroyed.

The pair that has returned here for 17 years had two eggs! Lucy and Goosey are senior geese and have brought their clutch to the barn for a little corn every year.
They have now moved to a different area of the ranch. Hopefully they will be successful. Goosey still approaches the Ranger and shakes his head at me for their corn. Lucy is always a little more timid, but waddles up when I put their ration on the ground.
the geese started flocking in weeka ago.... We were still in single digits....these cold hot flashes screwing up everyone

I hate 'yotes, 'nuff said.

But....are you sure that raccoons aren't raiding the nests? I suggest that because we were told that one of the main enemies of wild turkeys are raccoons. They chase the hen off the nest and eat the eggs. We shoot every raccoon we see. No mercy showed and if we don't kill them, our old Border Collie still has enough spunk along with an active hatred of raccoons to do the job for us.

The thread is still alive, and I don't think it will die anytime soon. :D

Only one duckling is still alive from that egg - Ray, who is turning into a beautiful drake!

My beautiful Ray

Back
Top Bottom