2 ganders

What breed? not all breeds will brood. If Muscovy you have a good chance once they go broody but just buying eggs and putting them inside a nest isn't a guarantee they will even go broody.
Never mind I see it looks like Pekins, there is always a chance one will go broody but it is a slim chance.

ok the ducks (female and female because ive had them for over 9 and a half months and no drake feathers) laid 2 eggs. will they sit on other eggs? like if i buy eggs for hatching from someone will they sit on them and hatch it
Ducks are unpredictable and from my experience flaky mothers. It depends on breed though and mine I guess aren’t known to be great mothers always as I found out. An incubator or a chicken might be more reliable.

What breed? not all breeds will brood. If Muscovy you have a good chance once they go broody but just buying eggs and putting them inside a nest isn't a guarantee they will even go broody.
Never mind I see it looks like Pekins, there is always a chance one will go broody but it is a slim chance.
My old Pekin Henry was afraid of her own eggs. 🤣

and also i assume they are duck egg because they are slightly larger than chicken eggs. and one was laid in the middle of the coop and the other in a corner. also the eggs looke almost fake. like smooth plastic look. so i should just buy them a drake instead of eggs? also. does the drake have to be relatively the same age? or can it be an age gap

my mom's plan is: to buy an incubator and incubate bought fertilized eggs. then give them to the ducks to take care of (i will raise them for like the first week or more by myself)

ok another update. i tried making scrambled eggs with duck eggs and im pretty sure they are fertilized since i see the germinal disc is kind of wide. also no idea what that blood or whatever it is means there.
jajko..jpg

also. do drakes also sit on nests? i saw mine sitting on the nest yesterday instead of the duck (i assume he is a drake because he is way quieter than the duck. like a whispery noise all the time)

Back
Top Bottom