2 grown roosters sharing a chicken run

Kamus Brazil

Chirping
12 Years
May 31, 2007
Brazil
Hello,

I own 9 hens and 1 rooster. I'm thinking to buy 9 more (Sussex or Brahma) and another rooster. Their area won't be a problem: it's wide and well shaded. I'm just concern about their limits. Should I fence it so the roosters won't meet each other? Or just a deer net is enough to keep them away? In last case they will still have visual contact but they won't be able to fight tho. I know a rooster can hold 8-12 hens and the one I have is taking care of all 9s. Does someone know if this is possible or if it is not recommended?
Please comment. Thanks
smile.png

I have 11 hens, and 2 roos. RIR mixes. They all live together in one coop and run. Altho mine do get to free roam daily. They scuffle once in a while...but for the most part...Mr C knows Ruby Roo is top cock. Early spring we thought we might have to rid of one or the other...because of bloody battles. They got over it in a hurry, and now get along...like brothers. Love to hate each other. LOL Oh, and they can fight through a fence. I have roos in another pen, next to the RIR, and on occasion, they scuffle through the fence.

Back
Top Bottom