2 Hens bullying my BO

TheSpiceGirls

Crowing
13 Years
Oct 6, 2010
Bay Area, CA
Just returned from a week vacation and my JG and EE have bullied my BO. Her comb is bloody and her feathers are all over the run. I went to pick her up which she loves and never resists and tonight, she ran from me. Bolted. If she got near the other two, they pecked her. They even pecked at her trying to get up on the roosting bar. I'm just sick with grief.

I have to do something. I can't let this go on. I'm looking for advice. Do I just give the EE away? She seems to be the instigator.

If I gave her away, do you think the JG will continue to peck at her if there are just the two of them?

I could put the EE in a dog crate for a week and try to reset the pecking order but does that really work when you just have three hens? I'm afraid they'll go right back to their old antics once I return her.

I could really use some advice right now.

Anyone??? I really need a game plan for the morning. I have a super busy work schedule next week and I want to implement a plan tomorrow if at all possible.

I have two BO they both get picked on bye my black stars, if i were you id try moving the other hens away for at least a week, then bring them back, If there still picking on her. I would sell them and get less agressive birds.

Quote:
If I move my other two birds away for a week, then the BO will be all by herself. I don't think that's good.

I think I'll isolate the EE tomorrow for a week or so. I need to spend some time getting a pen set up in the garage for her. I'm super limited on space. That way I can see how the JG and the BO interact. And then make a determination.

But the EE has had a history of being aggressive for the past year and I think she needs to go.

Back
Top Bottom