2 incubator staggered hatch

Philbop2000

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 1, 2013
Hello all,

I'm starting to contemplate staggered hatching with one large incubator for incubation and a smaller one for hatching.

I was just wondering about egg turning during setting - obviously all but the first egg batch will be turned during the setting process as previous eggs will need turning. Is this ok or does it have an impact on hatch rates?

Thanks for any info.

good question, I have 4 incubators going with small amounts of eggs in them. first batch is on day 18 second is on day 16 and last is on day 3. they are all in separate incubators though. my plan is to candle tonight- on my day 18-ers and get them in the correct position to hatch then leave them alone and not turn. I have my most developed in one incubator- my eggs that need to catch up in another .

I run 2 incubators and a Hatcher. I candle every 10 days. I take out eggs that will not hatch and replace them with new eggs. Eggs are put in the hatcher on day 18 to hatch. My hatcher has a plastic liner to catch all the nasties from hatching. I sterilize the hatcher between hatching. Staggered hatching works for me.

Back
Top Bottom