2 left to determine gender on.

In that case, I'm not sure. Bearded/crested breeds are tough to sex this early sometimes. Neither are obvious cockerels.

Can you push the crest back on the first chick and snap a pic of the comb?

I am trash with Silkies. So I won't comment on that chick. Does seem a bit pink for the age though.

The Polish I'm unsure on. It's got a bit of color but not anything crazy. I'd say post updated pics of that one in 2 more weeks.

The silver laced was supposed to be a crevecour but she ended up with only 5 toes on one foot..lol
Neither Crevs or Polish should have 5 toes. Hmm... Where did she come from? Crevs come in black only. That's why I'm referring to her (him?) as Polish.

Thanks @cherrynberry and @Overo Mare for the tags. 🙂
Agree the laced bird is a polish and a pullet.
The silkie appears to be a pullet as well. Looks like it may have some dominant white genetics going on. Light colored beak. Not uncommon for them to have pink combs, even the pullets. This birds comb appears to be flat in the photo. Going with pullet on this one, too.
You may have to wait a few more weeks to be certain, secondary male characteristics such as streamers, do not normally appear until after 12-14 weeks, sometimes later.

Back
Top Bottom