2 Legged Predators.....

I would have shot them...! With a camera with a good flash,and dated pics to start a paper trail.It would likely not be to hard for the cops to ID the punks..Get evidence,these things have a way of getting out of control with some kids.They may have learned a lesson, maybe not.They may decide to teach you a lesson...! Pictures don't lie, good luck...

I would have called the cops and pressed charges. However this dosen't always work. My parents had a problem with kids "joy riding" in their pasture. The night that they caught them the neighbor saw it and followed them. The kid was 16 he went to family court where the judge basically gave him a slap on the wrist. Now it has happened 3 time in the past month. They are almost certain it is the same kid. They have talked to the parents and the parents have the "well that's what teenage boys do" attitude.

On the other hand my brother got caught littering on a float trip and he was sentenced to 100 hours of community service "picking up trash." He was almost 18 at the time and I thought this was an excessive sentence for a first time offence but my parents pushed the issue and told the judge that he needed to learn his lesson.

sheesh. they're just kids. you obviously scared the beejesus out of them and they won't be back. none of you ever got in ANY trouble when you were kids? (i would have made them help round up the girls, though)
hide.gif

Quote:
Yep, and I paid the consequences. As a parent, I appreciated it when the teachers or other parents let me know when I needed to be a parent. Of course you use discretion, but your job is to be a parent.

"Sheesh, they're just kids " ? Apparently you didn't read the recent thread here where a neighbors boy burned down a member of BYC barn with goats inside.The goats died, but Sheesh, he was just a kid...! Get real....

Quote:
Actually, you did. A gun pointed at them is about as naked a threat as it gets. Never point a gun at anyone you don't intend shoot. Never shoot anyone you aren't willing to risk killing even if your intent was only to stop.

Personally I'd have called the cops.

Get yourself a real gun. That could have easily gone the other way if they had been aggressive and realized it was only a pellet gun and not a real firearm.
Quote:
NEVER fire warning shots. Never. If you must fire at all then fire at the person who is presenting the threat. But first make sure they are in fact presenting one. Once you've fired a shot it's no different than if you'd shot directly at them.

A gun is not a magic wand to wave at someone to make them do your bidding. Sometimes they will, sometimes you'll have to actually use it. You'll never know which it will be until the deal goes down so don't ever show a gun if you aren't willing to use it.

AT Hagen is dead on.

If they report you for just aiming the gun, you will be in way more trouble then they would be for trespassing. And now, you have admitted that crime on the internet.....a dream case for the state, a big hassle for you, financially and a nice criminal record to carry around.

I have to agree with the gun toten thing.

My Grandfather always said never point a gun unless you plan to use it and never use a gun unless you plan to kill. He was a hunter and a Texas Ranger. He taught us to respect firearms. We never touched his guns. I don't have a gun in my house but just showing them you were armed escallated the situation.

As for the teens. There is no more harmless fun. They are not just teens. Those were criminals committing a crime.

As a Mom of two teens. If someone called me about my kids being out. My kids would not be happy about the restitution they would have to pay.

Unfortunately, I live in RED NECK HELL HOLE and many of the other parents don't seem to give a rats backside about their kids and what they do in as far as harassing and stealing. My next door neighbor seems to get the brunt of the teens "just having fun" at the expense of her animals. I don't think killing animals is "normal Teen Fun" and I have lost animals to these idiots too. When I said something to the parents, they denied it. And the police don't seem to care much either so we installed cameras and tape the property 24/7

I still would call the police to report the incident. Chances are others are also being harassed in the area too.

Just my humble opinion

Caroline

"Sheesh, they're just kids " Just like the kid in Ann Arbor, MI who used his mommy's hummer to deliberately run over a family of ducks.

You should have shot them, with a real gun. Because now that they are safe, they will start thinking about the "thrill" and how they were scared to see a "gun" pointed at them and then they'll start to posture and plan on getting you back.

Be careful.

Back
Top Bottom