2-legged prowler!!!!!!

Quote:
Make sure you know what you are doing with frozen paint balls... they can break bones. You dont want to be sued by some creep..

Quote:
Never heard of such a thing. But I guarantee it’s a good way to get sued. Can’t speak for other states but in Louisiana you can only shoot someone if they are in your home or you fear for your life or the life of another. There’s a lot of legal mambo jumbo about it but that’s the simple version. If they aren’t in your home and you shoot them in the but/back you’re in trouble.

Frozen paintballs will not break bones. I play paintball all the time, sometimes in the winter. I've been hit with plenty-a frozen paintballs. Once in the hand. No broken bones. Besides, some of these fools are talking about shooting the guy...I think a couple of frozen paintballs would be good for him.

Chicken.Lytle :

Seriously, get legal advice from a useful lawyer. Where I live the Montgomery County Sheriff's Department has citizen patrol (a civilian adjunct for support roles and ride-alongs). The head of that group teaches CC and gun safety. A pro-gun law firm has a lawyer in each class distributing cards. These people know the law and are very close to LE. They know what is acceptable and what is not. They will come to your defense 24/7/365.25 anywhere in the USA.

That said, the part of my earlier post regarding pressing charges was important. If you wound somebody but do not prosecute for trespassing, you will probably get hit up for assault. If you successfully prosecute for trespassing you are immunized against a countersuit. But as above, get legal advice. My information comes from a neighbor who is friendly with a judge. (Friend Of A Friend means no more credible than Urban Legend).

Another facet of Texas trespass law is that the property owner or an authorized caretaker can shoot the trespasser.

Your life is on the line and you should take this seriously. Get legal advice, form a strategy, execute it ruthlessly.

If your strategy includes shooting somebody, be sure to use a gun that is viewed favorably by juries. Avoid military-style aggressive looking guns.

Hey, former neighbor! I went to school and took my first conceal carry class in Montgomery County, but that was several states ago. You need to clarify the bolded statement. They can't just shoot someone who steps on your property in TX right off the bat just because they are standing there. (Although I certainly agree, personally, that anyone who comes on posted property intentionally probably doesn't have the best intentions.) Certain criteria must be met. Here's a copy of a discussion on the penal code (I got it from equinelaw.com):

When is a landowner allowed to shoot at a trespasser? According to Section 9.42 of the Texas Penal Code, a landowner can shoot at or use other deadly force against a trespasser if the landowner reasonably believes the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means, or that the landowner himself would be exposed to substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury if the landowner does not use deadly force. A landowner can also shoot at or use other deadly force against a trespasser if the force is immediately necessary to prevent the trespasser's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or to prevent the trespasser who is fleeing immediately after committing one of those acts from escaping with the property. "Criminal mischief" includes "knowingly or intentionally damaging or destroying, tampering with or marking, inscribing slogans, drawing or painting on tangible property " of the property owner.

Using potentially dangerous measures to protect your property is not recommended in all cases, as it can expose a property owner to possible physical harm and also criminal prosecution if too much force is used. However, property owners should be aware of, and exercise, their right to protect their property under the proper circumstances.​

Thanks WingingIt, that is great information. Did I read that correctly? You can shoot somebody to prevent graffiti? (I understand gang signs are serious business).

I meant to clarify that the statements about landowners apply to authorized caretakers too. I did not meant to imply that it is OK to shoot people right away. On the other hand, my neighbor considers a couple rounds from his Marlin to be a friendly warning.
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom