2 mo old silkie mothering day olds? UPDATED PG 2

That is just too cute for words. Silky's are such dedicated mommas. I have one now that is going on sitting for 12 weeks., the first 3 wk she had no eggs to sit on then I gave her some eggs which were not fertile and now I gave her 3 of my own eggs and she is sitting right on them, so dedicated to make them hatch. You gotta love them!!

Quote:
lau.gif

Quote:
She def wast broody she is only 2 months old. We were just having fun and it just happened like that. Its going to be so easy now tob raise these chickies.

Has ayone ever heard of a male holding in poop. I think this silkie may be a pullet because she holds it in like a broody. She will not poop in the brooder at all.

Wow! So far after being a chicken owner (Silkies only) for a decade, this takes the cake. I just posted about my silkie broody still with her three (3) month old chicks. Oh please keep us posted on this story!
hugs.gif

we have new chicks and my slikes love them
tongue.png

the hens love watching them and the roo gets so upset when I mess with the brooders XD

your silkie and peeps are adorable!
love.gif

Here is an update. I added another 3 month old silkie to the mix. This one also calls thechicks to food. Keeps them warm and get this is a roo. He was mounting the other silkie. HAHAHAHAHA Here are pics of the clutch. Oh and I added more day old chicks. Both silkies took them in and didnt even blink. This is so amazing. I bet the "female" silkie will take chicks all her life. And YES I shall test my theory.

36531_sdxfhbkjml_7.jpg

36531_sdxfhbkjml_6.jpg

36531_sdxfhbkjml_5.jpg

36531_sdxfhbkjml_4.jpg

36531_sdxfhbkjml_3.jpg

36531_sdxfhbkjml_2.jpg

36531_sdxfhbkjml.jpg

Ugh!!! My son and I happened to be browsing byc when your update appeared---Now he wants silkies for Christmas!
he.gif
I'll probably get him some this spring, but there is NO WAY I'm brooding chicks in the house agan, no matter how darn cute they are!!

Adorable pictures, I'm really glad you updated.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom