1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2 MONTH OLD CHICK DIED SUDDENLY HELP!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by silkiechickens8, Jun 7, 2016.

1. silkiechickens8

silkiechickens8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2015
    I woke up this morning to find my dear little (might be older I have to check) 2 month old Sicillian Buttercup chick laying down. I thought it was weird because the others were scratching around and digging. When one stepped on her she lifted her head a little and waved it around like she was dizzy and then her head just dropped. She just passed away within minutes of that happening. Note: the heat lamp did die during the night but the lowest it got was in the 60s and there are A LOT of chicks in the to keep her warm if she was cold. I had something like this happen last year when I moved my chicks into the coop, 11 died and only 2 survived. She I treat for coccidiosis? I'm petrified I'm going to lose them all. Please help!!

2. Ourpeeps123

Ourpeeps123 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2016
    I have never heard of something happening like this before.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by