2 month old Easter Eggers being jerks.

So this is where I get confused about the Easter Eggers. Any research about the breed says it’s a mixed breed. I’ve found hundreds of pictures online that have different looking Easter Eggers.

Granted, I got them from tractor supply, do you think they would be that wrong about the breed / sex?

My other birds came from Meyer hatchery in Indiana (shipped).
EEs can look like anything. I still think they are EEs. And did you mean Ohio? Unless there’s another Meyer with the same name.

EEs can look like anything. I still think they are EEs. And did you mean Ohio? Unless there’s another Meyer with the same name.
Yes, you are correct they’re from Ohio! My friend showed chickens in Indiana and I think my brain confused the stories!

You think it’s cockerel and a pullet? But they both look like Easter Eggers?

So this is where I get confused about the Easter Eggers. Any research about the breed says it’s a mixed breed. I’ve found hundreds of pictures online that have different looking Easter Eggers.

Granted, I got them from tractor supply, do you think they would be that wrong about the breed / sex?

My other birds came from Meyer hatchery in Indiana (shipped).
Yes, but for from TSC, they'd have more of an Ameruacana look. Plus, no two EEs look the same (though some have similar patterns), and both look the same.

I've known people who got the wrong breed from TSC before, and I've gotten wrong breeds from other distributors, too. Getting the sex wrong is a common one, so it shouldn't be that much of a surprise anymore to some of us.

Back
Top Bottom