2 month old Easter Eggers being jerks.

Thank you! This is a temporary enclosure. It will be used for the next several weeks before they make their way outside to the big coop. This is the 3rd stage brooder box. Everyone is roughly 2 months old. I have several perches inside and some things for them to climb on and hop about. After this moved outside it’s going to get tied into the coops run to offer more room. My plan is to mostly free range on my property with the ducks, but winter time and nasty weather days they’ll hangout in the large covered run attached to the coop.

Thank you! This is a temporary enclosure. It will be used for the next several weeks before they make their way outside to the big coop. This is the 3rd stage brooder box. Everyone is roughly 2 months old. I have several perches inside and some things for them to climb on and hop about. After this moved outside it’s going to get tied into the coops run to offer more room. My plan is to mostly free range on my property with the ducks, but winter time and nasty weather days they’ll hangout in the large covered run attached to the coop.
Also, three of those guys are silkies.

And I may be down a bird if in fact my Easter egger is a cockerel.

Sorry, this is the best I have at the moment!
I believe those are both cockerels. Almost certain the bottom one circled is, and skeptical of the other.
How many ladies are around? I’ve noticed cockerels get spicy when they begin feeling like they need to fight over females. If you don’t mind keeping them (I kept mine), maybe consider upping your flock with hens.
I spent a LOT of time with my roosters while brooding, and they grew up to be absolute loves. They also have quite a few hens around, though.

I think they would be stressed with that many birds in that space. It would definitely help for them to be outside. I have 6 bantam EE’s that are 6 weeks old and they’ve been spending every day outdoors since they were 5 days old. They have branches to roost on at several heights. They love to fly. Their run is 12 X 14 and it seems too small.

I think they would be stressed with that many birds in that space. It would definitely help for them to be outside. I have 6 bantam EE’s that are 6 weeks old and they’ve been spending every day outdoors since they were 5 days old. They have branches to roost on at several heights. They love to fly. Their run is 12 X 14 and it seems too small.
Everyone seems super happy! I have plenty of perches for them and the spread out nicely when they want too. They’re not very big birds yet.

In the bottom picture, the one on the right looks like a cockerel and the one on the left looks like a pullet and neither looks like an Easter Egger.
So this is where I get confused about the Easter Eggers. Any research about the breed says it’s a mixed breed. I’ve found hundreds of pictures online that have different looking Easter Eggers.

Granted, I got them from tractor supply, do you think they would be that wrong about the breed / sex?

My other birds came from Meyer hatchery in Indiana (shipped).

Back
Top Bottom