2 Month old silkie has a cold?

BarmyBantams

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Hi Guys,

Wanting to get a bit of advise, i have a 2 month old Silkie that for the last day or 2 has been showing cold symptoms ie runny nose etc a little keen for snoozing, a little bit of sneezing but otherwise eating and running around.

Today, still no drastic changes in behavior except there is rattling in the chest. She was vaccinated for Marrix according to the previous owner. We did have a weather change recently so I attributed it to that, but perhaps I'm wrong?

She doesn't have any other symptoms I can see. No runny stools, no unkempt feathers, just this runny nose, sneezing and now a bit of a crackle in the chest. I did swing her a little to try and break it up for her,
Is there anything I can do to help her out?

Thanks for the help
smile.png

B

If it were me, I'd bring her in and put her under a heat lamp. You could try Teramycin, and possibly a Tylan injection. Another thing I would highly recommend is VetRx. Dab the VetRx on their combs and under their wings.

Thanks for the help I will try and get some of the VetRx, do you know who makes it? I live in australia so I'm looking and trying to get it here.

The only Teramycin that seems to be avaliabe here is a pink eye spray.

Thanks again.

B

Back
Top Bottom