2 new additions... Chicken math

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by LittlestSeal, Mar 22, 2017.

1. LittlestSeal

LittlestSeal Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2017
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG]

Because I'm the lady with the chickens, and because I won't complain about free chicks lol. These are the two my friends kids picked out and bought to stay with my ever-growing flock!

So now I have those two little Brahmas, RIR, easter eggers, white leghorns, speckled Sussex, buff orpington, black jersey giant, polish, salmon favorelles, and whatever I get for the two hatchery choice rares coming with my order next week :x is that a mixed enough flock yet? Lmao

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    :thumbsup

3. TyKay

TyKay New Egg

Mar 22, 2017
    Edmundston, NB
    Wow! I will have a mixed flock too! I love the idea of having a colourful basket of eggs! [​IMG]

4. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Cute chicks, congrats on your expanding flock!

5. LittlestSeal

LittlestSeal Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2017
    Indianapolis, IN
    One of those two passes away :( she had bad paste butt and wasn't eating or gaining weight, in one day she was 10g lighter than her sister :( :( and side these were my friends kids pet, I'm gonna try to get a new light Brahma soon.

BUT my order came in today, all 16 alive and active except one, did have a couple paste butt and been making sure to stay on top of those and checking/ cleaning a couple times a day so far.

[​IMG]

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congrats! Have fun! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by