2 new chicks

MissAbraKadabra

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 6, 2013
Tampa Florida
i was just given 2 new chickens one is suppose to be a road island red, the other is suppose to be new jersey giant but i wanted some feed back and thoughts as to what they are and if its possible to sex them
\/new jersey giant????
this one has the beginning of feathers too but i couldnt get it to sit still and get a clear shot of the wing ill try after its not so stressed from its transport

i noticed there is fuzz on its feet, is that bc how young it is or is it a breed thing?

\/ road island red???

and comments or suggestions would be appreciated

They are getting a bit bigger any thoughts on what they might be

I am 99% sure the red one is a cockerel. I dont think he is RIR, or at least not fully. This is my RIR cockerel a few months ago. I

t was somewhere between 4-7 weeks. You could look in my past posts? I know i said how old he was then. I posted on here when I was asking what people thoight he was (I didn't think he could be RIR, though that is what I assumed after researching...he came in a rare breed asst. Yeah, im not sure how that happened!!)
We got them at two weeks and he was "the brown one' then because he was a dark khaki color. Your birds back looks a lot like mine did then, even the white and brown spots on the edge of the wings..but none of the rest does!!

Your other one, I'm not even going to guess....

Back
Top Bottom