2 new roosters

chickens12

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 9, 2012
how long will it take the eggs to be fertilized and when will i be able to put them in the incubator? thanks

my rooster mates in front of us and then you collect they eggs crack them and check for the bullseye then you can strat putting them in incubater

It takes about 25 hours for an egg to travel through the hen's internal laying factory. That egg can only be fertilized in the first 15 minutes or so of that journey. So, if the mating takes place Monday, Monday's egg will not be fertile. It started its journey before the mating.

Tuesday's egg might or might not be fertile. It depends on what time of day the mating took place and what time the egg started its internal journey.

Wednesday's egg will almost certainly be fertile if the hen and rooster are fertile.

Notice that this is after a mating. A rooster does not necessarily mate with every hen every day. I'd wait a couple of extra days to be more sure.

After a mating, a hen normally stores the sperm and it remains fertile for about two weeks. It can be a couple of days less or it could even be three weeks, but two full weeks is normal and what most people use.

in the case of sounding stupid whats a bullseye in the egg? I'm new to this and just want to know all the basics lol.

Back
Top Bottom