2 of 4 chickens acting weird

Julirose

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2020
Hey y'all, I have 4 Hens that are about maybe 22-23 weeks old..all 4 laid their normal eggs, but hubby and I noticed that 2 of them aren't acting like their normal selves.. They're laying down, panting, runny poo and just minimally interested in food..its 83 but humid. They have a small water dish with a little electrolytes added and a plain 5 qt water dish. The run is shady and has air flow going through. And we even let them out to free range and they didnt care.. it's just unusual of them and I'm a little concerned..😕

Attachments

Julirose

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2020
Do you have any pictures of their poop? Other than runny, does anything else look off(bloody,)?
I haven't taken a photo, but this morning there was blood, but as the day went on, there has been less blood and more so just watery..I'm guessing tomorrow I should go to tractor supply and get Corid and treat the flock? This is my first set of girls and I just want them happy😕

Mamatomany123

Songster
Mar 14, 2020
Midland, tx
I haven't taken a photo, but this morning there was blood, but as the day went on, there has been less blood and more so just watery..I'm guessing tomorrow I should go to tractor supply and get Corid and treat the flock? This is my first set of girls and I just want them happy😕
Definitely start with corrid as soon as possible. I wouldnt wait until tomorrow. Coccidiosis can get bad fast. And yes, treat the entire flock for the full 14 days.

Julirose

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2020
Definitely start with corrid as soon as possible. I wouldnt wait until tomorrow. Coccidiosis can get bad fast. And yes, treat the entire flock for the full 14 days.
So I got the medicine, their cones look a little bit more colored, they dont seem as lethargic, but still lethargic..thank you for answering and helping! 😊

Mamatomany123

Songster
Mar 14, 2020
Midland, tx
It is! I removed the little one we had inside their coop for over night out..they're doing alittle better, not panting as much, but I'm still concerned..I appreciate the help!
Panting may be from heat if it's hot where you are. Just keep giving them the corrid. Mine showed improvement after 24 hrs.

Top Bottom