2 of 6 chickens will not go into the hen house at night

i had the same problem with about 1/2 of my flock. I put them all in the coop and closed them in for 2 weeks. Now after that they all go in and roost, like good little girls. I fed and watered them in there while they for closed in. But now due to other birds and squirrles i feed them inside and water outside with an automatic bowl.

Worked for me, might for you.

Omg... I did not think of something getting them at night. I will try to scare them in now. We do not have a rooster just 6 girls and they feel fine not to thin. They feel like the others and are beautiful and healthy looking. we had put them in every nite but we will try the scare tactic to nite Thank so much. I will also try feeding them inside too. Wish us luck hopefully this will work..

Just wanted to give everyone an update. The scare tactic worked great, we had to scare them about 3 nites then they started going in. Then they backslid a couple of nites but we scared them again those nites and now they go in on there own every nite. They still don't get on the roost but they go in. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom