2 of my silkies wont use roost

Bryce Thomas

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
So 2 of my 4 hens who are silkies wont use the roost but my rooster will and the other 2 are broody and sleep on the nest but will sleep on a giant log with my rooster but the 2 hens who are not broody just sleep on the ground, I have put the 2 on the roost that is 12 inches from the floor and they wont use it, I have also never seen them jump onto tall things either. They just never want to use it and yes I put them onto the roost then they look worried or scared to get down then once they are down from it they never even look at the roost or care about it

So 2 of my 4 hens who are silkies wont use the roost but my rooster will and the other 2 are broody and sleep on the nest but will sleep on a giant log with my rooster but the 2 hens who are not broody just sleep on the ground, I have put the 2 on the roost that is 12 inches from the floor and they wont use it, I have also never seen them jump onto tall things either. They just never want to use it and yes I put them onto the roost then they look worried or scared to get down then once they are down from it they never even look at the roost or care about it
I got silkies this year and when I was researching them one of the things that came up a lot was the chickens with more toes than normal chickens like flatter surfaces and not the roosting bars so I decided to keep my silkies in their own building and own area of the yard so they can all pile on top of each other it's really cute

Back
Top Bottom