2 of the 6 abandoned eggs are hatched what should I do now?

Aug 28, 2019
Bedias,Tx
So I have gotten two eggs to hatch so far but the other eggs are in with them as well. what should i do now?
How should they sleep or whatever, not sure if there is some particular I need to do.
:jumpy:woot:jumpy

Last edited:
So I have gotten two eggs to hatch so far but the other eggs are in with them as well. what should i do now?
How should they sleep or whatever, not sure if there is some particular I need to do.
:jumpy:woot:jumpy

If the eggs are under momma chicken, you shouldn’t need to worry about them tonight. If she decides to get off the nest with the babies, it won’t be until morning. My girl, Larke (American Game hen) hatched out her Littles late on a Wednesday night, I think, and didn’t take them out until Friday sometime.

If momma does take them out and seems to be showing them the ropes (pointing out food and such), you can gather the unhatched eggs and take them in for a little more time under a heat lamp, or even try the candling method to check for signs of life (https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/information-on-candling-eggs.73302/).

If you suspect the eggs have chicks in them, I’d keep them inside and hatch them myself because momma’s going to be busy with the others. Good luck!! :wee

Back
Top Bottom