2 questions Niacin & Brewer’s Yeast

10PekinDucks

Chirping
Apr 10, 2020
Hi. I’m new here. We are new homesteaders in North MISSISSIPPI and started out with 10 Pekin ducks, now all about 5 weeks old and quadrupled in size from when we got them. Looks like we have 2 drakes and the rest hens(?). I have a 2-part question about Niacin and brewer’s yeast. Question 1: I’m having a hard time finding the right niacin and tractor supply can’t seem to keep the all fowl feed in stock. I have a GNC locally and Walgreens, I just need a suggestion on which product to get for the niacin. Question 2: which of these brewer’s yeast supplements should I get?
Bluebonnet Non-Bitter, Solgar, Now Reduced Bitterness, Kal. They’re all at a local nutrition store. How much do I give? Also, chewy.com has some brewer’s yeast horse supplement. Would that work?

I'd get them Now nutritional yeast. You can easily order it from amazon. 1 tbls over 1 cup of food. Then if you've got Tractor supply get some B-complex
IMG_0251.JPG

I'm still confused on the Niacin. I've read don't get the flush free because it's the wrong kind. What is the right kind? Is it niacinimide?

This is the best kind to get. Tractor Supply $16.99
1ml over a treat that they will eat right up such as mealworms

View attachment 2086546
I got the bottle with the black label. I see that you can put a syringe/needle through the red cap, but how do you get it without the needle? Does the cap go back on or do you have to cover it with something after you open it?

Back
Top Bottom