2 questions....skinny and singing??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickencity, Mar 31, 2008.

1. chickencity

chickencity Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Last night i was watching tv and thought i hread a brid singing kinda like a canrey or something i muted the tv and still hread it. i went to look at the chicks and it was them! what does it mean when your chicks sing?
    When i pick up my chicks i can easily feel their brest bones. are they two skinny? they have sarter feed 24/7.

2. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    laplace,la
    nah...they eat what they need. don't worry too much..mine ar 12-13wks old, and have eaten a styro plate:lol:, and all was well...they r pretty hardy critters
    shaun

3. donnap1967

donnap1967 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Mine feel skinny to me too. They are two weeks old and the last few days I have tried oatmeal cooked and dry, strawberries, yogurt, lettuce....they don't want anything to do with any of it. I was hoping to put a little meat on them skinny little bones.

They are eating and drinking and very active so I guess I shouldnt worry but I am a new Mom, what else would I do?

Mine also "chirp" a lot. One does it almost constantly and the other two respond here and there. They do it mostly when I let them out to play. It's the most adorable sound. You're right though, sounds kinda like a little bird song. I think it means they're happy [​IMG]

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Several of my girls 'sing' also. They seem to do it most when they are content...like after they have just eaten, got water and some attention...

It is like a rolling chirp sound...that is the only way I can describe it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by