2 questions....skinny and singing??

chickencity

Songster
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Last night i was watching tv and thought i hread a brid singing kinda like a canrey or something i muted the tv and still hread it. i went to look at the chicks and it was them! what does it mean when your chicks sing?
When i pick up my chicks i can easily feel their brest bones. are they two skinny? they have sarter feed 24/7.

nah...they eat what they need. don't worry too much..mine ar 12-13wks old, and have eaten a styro plate:lol:, and all was well...they r pretty hardy critters
shaun

Mine feel skinny to me too. They are two weeks old and the last few days I have tried oatmeal cooked and dry, strawberries, yogurt, lettuce....they don't want anything to do with any of it. I was hoping to put a little meat on them skinny little bones.

They are eating and drinking and very active so I guess I shouldnt worry but I am a new Mom, what else would I do?

Mine also "chirp" a lot. One does it almost constantly and the other two respond here and there. They do it mostly when I let them out to play. It's the most adorable sound. You're right though, sounds kinda like a little bird song. I think it means they're happy
big_smile.png

Several of my girls 'sing' also. They seem to do it most when they are content...like after they have just eaten, got water and some attention...

It is like a rolling chirp sound...that is the only way I can describe it.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom