2 questions

Shannonw1228

Songster
May 10, 2018
Yale Michigan
First question here are some pictures. It's female Ancona she is 19 weeks. Keeps getting bigger. Here are some pictures. I thought Maybe a egg but I'm not to sure on that now.
Second what do you do when all your ducks keep fighting. Really it's my older Ancona attacking the Welsh which are 4 weeks younger. They are not locked in small coup they free range during the day. They have been together for well over a month and it just started. Three Anconas had a Welsh pinned to the ground biting her head.
Thanks
20181022_144556.jpg
20181022_144556.jpg
20181022_144556.jpg
20181022_144542.jpg

Over weight. Possibly going to lay. I'm thinking that you have more than one Drake because of the fighting or your Drake is trying to breed?
If it was overweight wouldn't the other ones be like this? I am learning with ducks.
I do have more then one drake. I have 16 females and three drakes. One drake is going. I don't think it's a breeding thing but idk what do you think. Three were biting ones head and had her pinned down. One was a boy and two females. Would the boy maybe bring it on? I did see one drake keep chasing all the Welsh ducks. Which he is the one we are getting rid of. I tried for awhile to find him a home. It's not happening

If it was overweight wouldn't the other ones be like this? I am learning with ducks.
I do have more then one drake. I have 16 females and three drakes. One drake is going. I don't think it's a breeding thing but idk what do you think. Three were biting ones head and had her pinned down. One was a boy and two females. Would the boy maybe bring it on? I did see one drake keep chasing all the Welsh ducks. Which he is the one we are getting rid of. I tried for awhile to find him a home. It's not happening
No...Just like anything. Some like the groceries more than others..definitely only need one Drake.

If flocks are tight it's hard introducing young and definitely the Drakes lose out in most flocks. Older Drakes won't accept young ones. Plus attacking a single Hen is a Drake issue.
LOL yeah that makes sense. I have to keep one Welsh drake and one Ancona drake. I am Breeding them. They will be mixed though if not breeding them. I will have about 20 females in a few months. You think having two drakes to that many females would be a problem?

LOL yeah that makes sense. I have to keep one Welsh drake and one Ancona drake. I am Breeding them. They will be mixed though if not breeding them. I will have about 20 females in a few months. You think having two drakes to that many females would be a problem?
I have separate pens so I have no issues unless my Drake runs out to attack my other one during breeding season.

Back
Top Bottom